BUFS GSITFall 2020
Monday, October 26, 2020
Sunday, October 25, 2020
We will conduct mock job interviews. Please prepare either a basic Education/Work Overview Form or a Resume and cover letter.
More Lists of Questions
- Interpreter Interview Questions
- Translator Job Interview Questions
- Career-advice.monster.com Interview Questions
- About.com Careers
- Glassdoor Interview Questions
- HCareers Questions and Answers
- Dos and Don'ts
Zety The Muse Indeed
- Smith College Resume & Cover Letters with Samples
- Princeton's Cover Letter & Resume Guide
- 14 Reasons this is a Perfect Recent College Grad Resume
- Job Materials Preparation Questionnaire
- Cover Letter Guide and Examples (More Examples)
- Interpreter Examples: Zety JobHero ResumeHelp
- Resume & Cover Letter Google Doc Templates
- Resume Examples (More Examples) From Recent Graduates
- Zety Templates
- Cover Letter Examples (More Examples) From Recent Graduates
- Examples of Creativity in Cover Letters
- Cover Letter Examples
- MS Word Templates
- Think of your core values and/or words that describe you, along with some kind of explanation.
- Think of different kinds of significant experiences you’ve had. What did you learn from them? Use the STAR method.
- Research the company and industry you want to be part of and prepare to answer why you want to work for THAT company and THAT industry.
- Remember: They are more concerned about their own needs and wants than yours.
Wednesday, September 23, 2020
Chuseok / Family Questions
What are your plans for Chuseok? What are you looking forward to? dreading?
Will Chuseok be different this year? If so, how?
What are usually your favorite and least favorite parts of the holiday?
Does your family have any unique Chuseok traditions?
Will you spend (or receive) a lot of money during the holiday? How so?
What are your (best, worst, funniest, scariest, etc.) holiday memories?
What are the different gender roles during the holiday? Have they changed over time?
How is your mother’s side of your extended family different from your father’s side?
Who is your favorite relative? least favorite? craziest?
Is your family emotionally and/or physically expressive and/or affectionate?
Do you hug each other? say ‘I love you’? yell when arguing?
What’s more common in your family - compliments or criticism?
How does your family conduct the memorial ceremony (차례)?
If/when you or your spouse are in charge of 제사 ceremonies, how will you conduct them?
What are you most thankful for during the past year?
Have you ever celebrated a holiday (Korean or other) outside of Korea? If so, what was most impressive and/or memorable?
Monday, September 14, 2020
- How China Is Using Artificial Intelligence in Classrooms
- Facebook A.I. Robots shut down after creating their own language
- Would you want to have a ‘synth’ in your home? Why or Why not?
How would different members of your family react?
- How would you design your synth - gender, size, race, etc? What would you like them to do?
- How would you feel about having a synth coworker?
- Would you (or people you know) consider having an AI-based synthetic life partner?
- Do you think AI ‘synths’ should have any ethical rights?
- Do you think it is possible for an AI creation to gain consciousness? have emotions?
- Are you more optimistic or pessimistic about artificial intelligence technology? Why?
- Do you think AI beings could destroy humanity?
- Can they be creative and produce unique ideas and works of art?
- Do you think AI should be used in education to monitor students and provide analytics that improve learning outcomes? Does it matter if bio-monitoring is involved?
- What is the difference between AI programming and human ‘programming’?
- Do you think human consciousness could be transferred to an AI so that humans’ minds can survive after their bodies are gone? If possible, would you want to do so?
Join the GSIT Flipgrid Group using your Gmail address.
Go to the Artificial Intelligence Discussion and post a 60-90 video taking a stand agreeing or disagreeing with one of these statements. Please post that video by Thursday, September 17. Then post at least one response to your classmates' videos by Sunday, September 20
- Artificial Intelligence is capable of creating original art and creative works.
- AI will eventually destroy humanity.
- AI will cause more harm than benefit to society.
- I would like to have an AI based human-like synth as a household helper.
- I would consider have an AI-based human-like synth as a life partner.
- I would like to have my consciousness transferred to a synthetic being after my corporal death.
- . Governments should be able to use AI-based tracking for the purposes of public safety (e.g. preventing crime, punishing violators, tracking pandemics)
- AI should be used as much as possible in education to monitor and analyze students.
NosediveSan JuniperoRachel Jack and Ashley Too